Dr. Hyland and the Board of Education would like to publicly acknowledge the hard work and efforts of the educational support personnel through Recognizing Distinction. In addition to any building recognition, support staff will be recognized at March Board of Education meetings.
Educational support personnel will be recognized for demonstrating and advancing District 21 values and the characteristics of a Professional Learning Community. These characteristics include:
- Embracing the District 21 Collective Commitments for Support Staff
- Creating a helpful and positive environment.
- Responding appropriately to all stakeholders.
- Being open-minded.
- Developing positive relationships and communicating effectively.
- Modeling pride and support of the school and district.
- Embracing the notion of Continual Improvement
- Working Collaboratively with Others
- Modeling Lifelong Learning
Three or four individuals are honored each year, being chosen by school administrators in collaboration with Building Councils.